Did you know that skulls decorated the tzompantli altars of Mesoamerican cultures? They were a symbol of the conclusion of a stage of life that extended to another plane.
After the Spanish conquest, the rituals honoring Death and the Dead were banned and eventually substituted by new ones. Combining Middle Eastern and Spanish techniques brought over to the New World, the Sugar Skull was born.
Every year in November, the sugary skulls now decorate altars all over Mexico, honoring the dead.
Catrín, the Sugar Skull Cat Doll, honors and celebrates Mexico’s Day of the Dead.
Each cat is specially created for you. Depending on my workload, a cat will come to you in 3-5 business days.
Before placing your order, please contact me to check for availability. I might have a cat ready to ship.
- Cotton fabric
- Cotton embroidery floss
- Approximately 14″ of happiness
- Catrín is a made-to-order doll. Once your order is processed, I’ll start creating it, especially for you. This process can take up to 2 weeks, depending on workload. If your order is a gift, please consider these times.
- Spot clean as necessary with a damp cloth.
- New customs requirements for the EU mandate me to appoint an economic operator in the European Union to sell my dolls. As a one-person business, I cannot pay for these requirements now. Until further notice, I will no longer sell or ship physical items to European Union countries. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- If you live outside Mexico, Catrín will be sent with Correos de México’s registered mail with a tracking number. Please be aware that your local postal service might not update your shipment’s status until customs clear it. If you’re in the US, you can upgrade shipping during checkout to get Catrín to your home faster.
- Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply.
PayPal and Stripe handle your payment information securely; I have no access to it. Prices are in USD. Your order total will be converted to your local currency through PayPal/Stripe.
If you like Catrín, you might like Fridacatina.
There are no reviews yet.